1.You are a scrum master employed by the IT department. The IT manager considers adopting Scrum for the new project. He wonders however what the value is in having team members attend the meeting called “Daily Scrum” every day. The organization already has its employee attending so many mandatory meetings. What are the two outcomes of the daily scrum you inform him about, to express the importance of the daily scrum?
2.A development team selected a product backlog item in the sprint planning meeting. However, it doesn’t meet their definition of “Done” by the end of the sprint. What two things should happen with this incomplete product backlog item?
3.Amit is a product owner working with the development team on a new release for her product. Based on the average velocity of the previous release Mariam estimated the project to take seven sprints. Average velocity in the previous release was 13. Development is three sprints underway, with four more sprints to go until the release. Product Backlog has been stable. Over the first three sprints, the development team reported an average velocity of 9, while not having fully tested all the delivered functionality. The development team estimates that the missing testing would have required 10% of the sprint’s time. The development team believes that the required velocity of 13 within their reach. What is the most effective way to recover?
5. Self-organization is more effective when it happens within boundaries. Select 2 relevant boundaries provided by the scrum framework that provide direction to self-organization.
6. What is the way to determine if the product owner in interacting with the development team enough throughout the sprint?
7.Which two of these situations best demonstrate that a development team self-organized?
8.A development team has members working from globally distributed locations. Organizing the scrum meetings requires conferencing tools that are not easily available within the organization. The team therefore proposes doing a daily scrum only on Fridays. Which 2 are the most appropriate responses for the scrum master? Choose 2 best answer.
9. An important pillar of scrum is self-organization. Time-boxing is one of the ways in which scrum promotes self-organization. Select 2 ways in which time-boxing reinforces self-organization.
10. Eight months ago, your company started development of a new platform consisting of several technical components of systems. You are the product owner of the core application of the platform. Your part interconnects all other systems. You work in monthly sprints. You are expected to deliver all functionality in three sprints. Recently your progress was slowed down because of changes to interfaces of the other components, as well as unavailability of the program’s testing infrastructure. The program manager responds extremely upset and angry when you deliver the news that that you will take 2 more sprints. The project managers of the other components confirm their adherence to the expected date. What do you do?
13. Which statement about the Sprint Goal is incorrect? (Choose 1)
14. You are the Scrum Master for a team. Their Daily Scrum is scheduled to start at 9:00 AM each day. Developers routinely show up late, and once everyone is assembled, the meeting starts. By then it is typically 4 to 5 minutes later than the scheduled time. Other meetings in the organization typically allow 4 to 5 minutes for people to transport within the building. Some Developers complain that it is now hard to achieve the purpose of the Daily Scrum within the time box, since there is only 10 11 minutes left after waiting for people to show up. The Developers do not know what to do and ask for your advice. (Choose 1)
15. You are a Scrum Master entering an organization that wants to “evolve” their product development to Scrum. The organization’s teams are organized into component teams. This means that teams address one single application layer only (for example, front end, middle tier, back end, and interfaces). You introduce the concept of feature teams, where teams have the skills to work on multiple layers throughout a Sprint and deliver working software every Sprint. What are the two things you take into consideration when moving away from component teams towards feature teams? (Choose best two answers)
16. The Developers are waiting for an external supplier to deliver a specific product component that they need to integrate and use. Without that component there will not be enough work in the next Sprint to occupy the full team. They ask their Product Owner to re-order the Product Backlog. The Product Owner asks the Scrum Master for help. What would be good advice for the Product Owner? (Choose 1)
18.You are a Scrum Master employed by the IT department. The IT manager considers adopting Scrum for a new project. He wonders however, what the value is in having all team members attend this meeting called “Daily Scrum” every day. The organization already has its employees attending so many mandatory meetings. What are the two outcomes of the Daily Scrum you inform him about, to express the importance of the Daily Scrum? (Choose the best two answers)
19. The relationship between the Product Owner and the Developers has degraded over time. The Developers are growing increasingly angry with the Product Owner for changing the requirements all the time and not being available enough. The Product Owner is angry with the Developers for changing requirements during implementation. What guidance should the Scrum Master offer? (Choose 1)
20. You are a Scrum Master and one of the Developers approaches you and says: Every Sprint we are not completing regression testing for all the selected Product Backlog items in the Sprint, but regression testing is part of the Definition of Done. We have discussed with the Product Owner and during the Sprint we decided to change the Definition of Done to remove regression testing. Which two actions are appropriate in this situation? (Choose the best two answers)
21.What is the primary concern when multiple Scrum Teams work from the same Product Backlog with the goal of creating a valuable and useful integrated increment by the end of their Sprint? (Choose 1)
22. A Scrum team is struggling over the fact that not all Developers work full time and that other Developers regularly work from home. To solve the difficulties in aligning daily, at the Sprint Retrospective two Developers struggling having the Daily Scrum every three days, when everyone is in the office. What would be the 3 key concerns if the frequency of the Daily Scrum were to be lowered? (Choose the best three answers)
23. A multi-national company is using Scrum for product development of their five major products. What alternatives should the company consider deciding how many Product Owners are needed for these five products? (Choose the best two answers)
24.In the Daily Scrum, the Product Owner applauds every Developers who moves a Sprint Backlog item to completion. The Product Owner wants to encourage the Developers to make progress visible on the burn-down chart. Select the two best options for the Scrum Master to take. (Choose the best two answers)
25. During the Sprint Review the Product Owner introduces the functionality that is likely to be done over the next Sprints. The Chief Security Officer reminds everyone that through the envisioned functionality, sensitive personal user data will be stored. This might be the subject of external security audits. He reminds everyone of important non-functional requirements with regards to security. There were not applicable and not considered previously. What are two effective ways the Scrum Team can manage these high-security concerns? (Select the best two answers)
26. Another Team’s Scrum Master seeks your advice. The Daily Scrum always runs longer than 15 minutes. The Developers suggest splitting the Scrum team into two teams. What is your response? (Choose one answer)
27. At the sixth Sprint Review, the Stakeholders seem disappointed and angry. When asked about it, they say the Product being built will not meet their needs and will cost more that they anticipated spending. What factors may have led to this? (Choose the best three answers)
28. What are two signs that a Scrum Team is self-managing? (Choose the best two answers)
29. You are the Scrum Master of a Scrum Team that is new to Scrum. The Product Owner comes to you halfway through the Sprint and says, “I do not feel like the Developers will be able to meet the forecast that they developed during Sprint Planning”. What should you do in this situation? (Choose one answer).
30.Which way of creating Scrum Teams is consistent with the Scrum values? (Choose the best answer)
31. In an environment where user acceptance testing is required before the Increment can be put into production, a development manager proposes to have user acceptance testing done every third Sprint, because the feedback from the user acceptance tests is disrupting work in Sprints. Is this a good idea? (Choose one answer)
32. You are the Scrum Master for four teams working from the same Product Backlog. Several of the Developers come to you complaining that work identified for the upcoming two Sprints will require full time commitment from Alex, an external specialist. As the Scrum Master what should you do to solve this upcoming problem? (Choose one answer)
33.A Scrum team is waiting for an external supplier to deliver a specific software component that they need to integrate and use. Without that component there won’t be enough work in the next sprint to occupy the full team. They ask their product owner to re-order the product backlog. The product owner asks the scrum master. What would be good advice for the product owner?
34.Several sprints into the project, the product owner tells the scrum master that a key stakeholder just started using the product. The stakeholder is unhappy with the slow performance, a complaint that the product owner agrees on. How will you move this forward?
35.True or False: A scaled scrum effort is one that conforms to scrum and has more than one scrum team working from the same product backlog for one or more sprints.
36.During sprint review, the product owner determines that she is going to release the current increment to production. The stakeholders ask to stop sprinting in order to react more quickly to the user feedback that is expected after the release. The Product Owner prefers to continue sprinting in order to make progress with the next release. You facilitate a discussion on how to proceed. What are 2 acceptable results of this discussion?
37.You are working with multiple scrum teams that are working in the same code base. They suffer from coordination problems and mutual dependencies. True or Fales: This can be addressed with a comprehensive branching and merging model in the version control tool.
38.What three situations are most likely happening if you are holding a “QA and release readiness sprint”?
39.Scrum master is a management position because the scrum master is accountable for the following two management activities.
40.One of the development team members is always missing the daily scrum. He feels that as long as he is doing his job well it doesn’t matter whether he attends or not. The development team is not doing anything about it. You are the scrum master of this team; how would you respond to this situation?
41.You are scrum master for new scrum team. Product owner comes to you halfway through the sprint says “I don’t feel like the developers will be able to meet their commitment to deliver the product backlog items selected during sprint planning.” What should you do in this situation?
42.You are the scrum master for three scrum teams working on same product. There is a single product backlog that all three scrum teams select from. Management is keen on improving the productivity of the teams and want to standardized velocity across all three teams so that they can see how each team is performing. When responding to management, which two statements are appropriate?
43.The product owner is attending the daily scrum. The development team members have been reporting the sprint progress to the product owner, as the product owner is interested in tracking what every individual is working on every day. What is the best thing for scrum master to do?
44.In the Daily Scrum, the Product Owner applauds every Developers who moves a Sprint Backlog item to completion. The Product Owner wants to encourage the Developers to make progress visible on the burn-down chart. Select the two best options for the Scrum Master to take. (Choose the best two answers)