In my previous articles i have given the basic idea about SQL and SQL related questions. I would like to start with Software engineering practices so that user will get idea about how to execute the specific project.In this article i would like to explain more about the Agile Framework and the Agile practices.I would like to give you some basic tasks of development team member and scrum master team member with Agile Framework.
Agile Principles :
There are so many types of traditional Software engineering approaches like Spiral,Waterfall,prototyping approach.With these traditional approaches the return of investment will get after the project deliveries.There is need to design the approach where investors will quickly ensure the return of investment.The approach is called as Agile approach and designed framework is called as agile framework.
Agile is a time boxed, iterative approach to software delivery that builds software incrementally from the start of the project, instead of trying to deliver it all at once at the end.
I would like to give the basic principles of Agile Framework :
1.Customer Satisfaction through continuous delivery :
The most important goal of Agile framework is Customer satisfaction through the continuous delivery.It is teams responsibility to deliver the quality software functionality.
2.Handle changes in requirements :
The agile framework is different than any other frameworks where we are focusing on continuous development of software.It is not too late for customer to do the changes in requirements.In agile approach developers can handle the changes in requirements quite easily.
3.Frequent Delivery of working Software :
In agile framework user can deliver the working software on an frequent basis with using shorter timescale.
4.Business users and developers work together :
In agile approach the business users and developers works together to complete the requirements of project.
5.Daily meetings and face to face conversation :
The efficient and effective way of communication is daily meetings and face to face conversation.The agile approach allows you to communicate face to face on daily basis of in intervals.
6.Motivate individuals to complete project :
The agile approach will give us the all kind of support to build the healthy and motivating environment.
7.Working Software is primary measure of progress :
The working software is primary measure of progress.
8. Sustainable pace Management :
The Agile approach always used to develop the constant and sustainable pace.The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
9.Good Design and Technical intelligence :
The Agile approach always gives Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
10.Identify the work not done :
We require to identify the work not done with using the Simplicity means the art of maximizing the amount of work not done is essential.
11.Self Organizing teams :
The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
12.Calculating the effectiveness of team :
At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
Basic Roles in Agile Framework :
Now a days in most of multinational companies 70% projects approximately follows the agile approach for continuous development and delivery of the project. In this section i would like to give you the basic idea about basic roles in Agile framework.
Developer Role in Agile :
The key role in agile is developer team member in Agile team. There are following roles and responsibilities for developer team member :
- User Stories writing : The key role for developer is to write good user stories, prioritize, and estimate them using story points
- Sprint Participation : The another thing developer needs to do is to Participate in the ceremonies of a sprint like sprint planning, stand-up, grooming, review and retrospection.
- Software Development : The vital role of developer is to focus on creating working software.
- Customer Communication : The another important role software developer needs to complete is to work collaboratively with customers, teams and stakeholders.
- Technical Excellence :The last important role software developer needs to do is to adopt technical practices to sustain and accelerate sprints.
Scrum Master Role in Agile Framework :
The second most important role in agile framework is scrum-master role.The scrum master is responsible for :
- Team Building : The scrum master is responsible for team building activities to onboard team with right composition
- Conduct release planning activities : The second vital task scrun master needs to complete is to build user story writing, prioritization, estimation and arrival at release date.
- Meetings : The another task of scrum master is to conduct Scrum ceremonies and update Scrum artifacts
- Leadership : Scrum master needs to play the role of a servant leader and guide the team to execute the project and adoption of technical practices.
These are some important principles and roles of Agile framework. Hope you get good idea about the Agile framework. In next articles i would like to give you some important examples of Agile practices.