In my previous articles I have given difference between PostgreSQL and oracle. In this article I would like to give information about How to download PostgreSQL JDBC driver with its steps. JDBC driver is most important driver which ensures the connectivity between JAVA and PostgreSQL. These drivers are most important for multiple connectivity of front end with backend. Without that connectivity noone can develop application.
DbSchema Free Edition can be used to connect to PostgreSQL – To test the database connectivity and the JDBC driver URL, install DbSchema Free edition. When the download is completed please follow the below mentioned steps.
- For your database connection, choose an alias. The name of this specific connection to the database will be this.
- Choose PostgreSQL from the DBMS list (Database Management Systems).
- It will automatically download the PostgreSQL driver for your database. There are numerous connection and authentication options for each database. Change your approach by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- To connect, use one of the two tabs. The JDBC URL will be generated for you once “Compose URL” asks for the host, port, username, etc. You can directly enter the JDBC URL by selecting “Edit URL.”
- You can connect using the first tab, and the second tab will display the newly created URL.
These are above basic steps to download PostgreSQL JDBC driver. With these easy steps one can download Postgress JDBC driver.So many people facing difficulty with downloading the PostgreSQL JDBC driver and with these easy steps one can download it. If you like this article or if you have any issues with same kindly comment in comments section.