Welcome to your ITIL v4 Foundation Exam Practice Test
1. Which ITIL guiding principle recommends using existing services, processes and tools when improving services?
2. Which practice has a purpose that includes ensuring that risks have been properly assessed?
3. When should a full risk assessment and authorization be carried out for a standard change?
4. Which statement about emergency changes is CORRECT?
5. Which practice coordinates the classification, ownership and communication of service requests and incidents?
7. Which is part of service provision?
8. Which statement about a 'continual improvement register' is CORRECT?
9. What are 'engage', 'plan' and 'improve' examples of
10. Which statement about outcomes is CORRECT?
11. Which statement about service desks is CORRECT?
12. Which practice updates information relating to symptoms and business impact?
13. Which is included in the purpose of the 'design and transition' value chain activity?
14. Which practice has a purpose to support the quality of the service by handling all agreed user initiated service requests?
15. Which is NOT a component of the service value system?
16. Which statement about the steps to fulfil a service request is CORRECT?
17. What is defined as a cause, or potential cause, of one or more incidents?
18. Which guiding principle recommends eliminating activities that do not contribute to the creation of value?
19. When should the effectiveness of a problem workaround be assessed?
20. Identify the missing word in the following sentence. A change is defined as the addition, modification, or removal of anything that could have a direct or indirect effect on [?].
21. Which dimension considers how knowledge assets should be protected?
22. What is a means of enabling value co-creation by facilitating outcomes that customers want to achieve, without the customer having to manage specific costs and risks?
23. Identify the missing words in the following sentence. The management of information security incidents usually requires [?].
24. What are the ITIL guiding principles used for?
25. Which is the CORRECT approach for managing a large improvement initiative as smaller iterations?
26. What is the purpose of the 'deployment management' practice?
27. Which is a service request?
28. Identify the missing word in the following sentence. The purpose of the supplier management practice is to ensure that the organization’s suppliers and their [?] are managed appropriately to support the seamless provision of quality products and services.
29. What is a recommendation of the 'focus on value' guiding principle?
30. Which guiding principle recommends standardizing and streamlining manual tasks?
31. Which describes a set of defined steps for implementing improvements?
32. Which is a key requirement for a successful service level agreement?
33. When planning 'continual improvement', which approach for assessing the current state of a service is CORRECT?
34. How does a service consumer contribute to the reduction of risk?
35. What helps diagnose and resolve a simple incident?
36. Which ITIL practice has a purpose that includes reducing the likelihood of incidents?
37. Which service level metrics are BEST for measuring user experience?
38. What are the MOST important skills required by service desk staff?
39. Which TWO statements about an organization's culture are CORRECT? 1. It is created from shared values based on how it carries out its work 2. It is determined by the type of technology used to support services 3. It should be based on the culture of prospective suppliers 4. It should be based on the objectives of the organization
40. When should a change request be submitted to resolve a problem?